Our Assessment Center offers a board range of services, such as career testing, online exams and computer certification testing including these specific exams and tests:
- ACCUPLACER Test
- P.O.S.T. Testing
- T.E.A.S. Exam
- GED Testing
- Proctoring Services
ACCUPLACER is a placement test offered by the College Board. It is similar to COMPASS in that it is not timed; it is adaptive; it will test a student’s skills in reading, writing and math; and its answers are multiple-choice. Test are not timed, but allow at least 2.5 hours to complete the exam. Hand-held calculators are not permitted.
The tests sections are are:
- Reading Comprehension: 20 Questions
- The test measures your ability to understand what you read, to identify main ideas, and to make inferences.
- Sentence Skills: 20 Questions
- The test measures your understanding of sentence structure – what makes a sentence complete and clear.
- Arithmetic (Math): 17 Questions
- The test measures your ability to perform basic arithmetic operations and to solve problems that involve fundamental arithmetic concepts.
- Elementary Algebra: 12 Questions
- The test measures your ability to perform basic algebraic operations and to solve problems involving elementary algebraic concepts.
Students who obtain a score indicating college readiness can move immediately into their chosen curriculum. Those needing additional help will be offered learning support to gain the skills necessary to be college ready.
- Contact us for an appointment, or visit during Walk-In Hours
- Bring a government issued I.D. (e.g. Driver’s License or Passport)
- Review the Accuplacer Study Guide
- Retest: A student is allowed two retests per section and must wait 7 days from the original test date. The retest fee is $15 per section.
Walk-In Hours (DeKalb Campus & Newton Campus only)
DeKalb Campus Testing Center
Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM – 3:00PM
Friday: 8:00AM – 1:00PM
Newton Campus Testing Center
Tuesday: 2:00PM – 5:00PM
Wednesday: 8:00AM – 12:00PM
Thursday: 12:00PM – 4:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM – 1:00PM
The P.O.S.T test is for those individuals seeking employment in the field of law enforcement or corrections. We offer P.O.S.T. testing at both the DeKalb & Newton campuses. You do not need an appointment – come in during the Walk-in Hours. Bring a government issued ID (i.e. Driver’s License, Passport or Military ID).
Testing Fee: Individuals will need to pick up the Entrance Examination Access Form from the Assessment Center first, and then pay the testing fee of $25 at the Cashier’s Window on the day of the testing.
For more information, contact our Law Enforcement Academy.
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) measures basic skills in academic content in the areas of Mathematics, Reading, Science, and English & Language Usage.
For more information regarding the T.E.A.S. exam, please contact: