Spring 2023 Commencement – May 20, 2023
Georgia Piedmont Technical College will host Graduation on Saturday, May 20, 2023. Please check back for additional details on the event location and time.
Graduation Online Application
Ready to graduate? Congratulations! Here is some information you will need to know as you plan to graduate:
- Meet with your Program Advisor to determine if the program requirements have been met for the upcoming semester.
- Apply for Graduation
- Complete a Student Graduation Application electronically
To submit the Graduation Application online, please click here: Student Graduation Application
The deadline to apply for Graduation for Spring 2022 is March 4, 2022.
The deadline to apply for Graduation for Summer 2022 is July 1, 2022.
Follow these Steps for Graduation
1. Make Sure you Meet Graduation Requirements
- Student should be currently enrolled when applying for graduation.
- Students must earn an overall grade point average of 2.0 (“C”) or better for courses presented for graduation.
- Students in the Health and Professional Services programs have a special responsibility regarding grades in their programs. To be eligible for graduation in any Health and Professional Services program, students must make a minimum passing grade of “C” in all required courses in the curriculum, including Arts and Science courses.
- When applying for graduation, students should be currently enrolled in the program in which they plan to receive their degree, diploma or certificate.
- Students must complete a Student Graduation Application for graduation in the program of study in which they plan to graduate (Student Graduation Application given out at Destination Graduation Fest).
- Students must meet or exceed the total credit hours required for the program of study. Students must complete at least 25 percent of the course work for degrees and diplomas and at least 50 percent of the course work for certificates at Georgia Piedmont Tech. Students may earn up to 23 hours of credit by examination towards diplomas and degrees. Students should be registered at Georgia Piedmont Tech at the time of completing the work. Exceptions may be approved by the appropriate Academic Dean.
- Students must complete electives as required by program of study.
- Students must settle all financial obligations to Georgia Piedmont Tech before a degree, diploma, certificate, or transcript will be issued.
2. Submit Graduation Application
Students must submit the completed Student Graduation Application by the appropriate date.
Every degree, diploma, or certificate student will be charged a one-time non-refundable graduation processing fee of $40.
Students will not be required to pay more than one graduation processing fee if additional credentials are earned within the same program.
3. Get Ready for Commencement
Commencement is the formal graduation ceremony. More details will be provided closer to the commencement date.
By registering for a course for which the student has already received credit at Georgia Piedmont Tech, a student forfeits the previous credit in that course for graduation purposes. The student’s official grade in the course will be the one earned on repetition. Although both grades remain on the record and are part of the cumulative grade point average, only the final attempt will be calculated for the purpose of graduation requirements.