**Credential Delivery update* (as of July 30, 2020)
Please note that the company that prints our credentials has experienced a delay in printing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. To this end, this has delayed the delivery of the shipment of credentials to Georgia Piedmont Technical College. We estimate that we will begin mailing out credentials the week of August 10th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Credentials will only be mailed to graduates that completed the mandatory graduation survey. If you are a graduate and did not complete the survey, please email the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. so that you can receive the link and promptly complete.
Graduation Online Application
To submit the Graduation Application online, please click here: Student Graduation Application
The deadline to apply for Graduation for the Spring is March 6, 2020.
Status of 2020 Spring Graduation – Message from the President
I want to thank you all for your patience and dedication during this unprecedented time. COVID-19 (Coronavirus) has presented many challenges to this semester. And, your safety and security is of great importance to us.
All students have had to make adjustments to complete coursework via the internet. While this is not the preferred learning environment for all students, we thank you for your commitment and continued hard work towards achieving your academic goals.
Please know that our faculty and staff are doing everything possible to make this transition as simple as possible. With this being said, the commencement ceremony that was previously scheduled for Saturday, May 16th has been postponed until further notice. The ceremony will be conducted as soon as it is safe to do so. We will celebrate your successes! We will communicate a new commencement date as soon as it has been confirmed.
We remain dedicated to providing the highest level of education, service, and leadership to all our students. While the virus has caused a delay in your commencement, you will have the opportunity to still walk across that stage. I can’t wait to offer you a congratulatory handshake when you cross the stage.
Dr. Tavarez Holston
President, Georgia Piedmont Technical College
Ready to graduate? Congratulations! Here is some information you will need to know as you plan to graduate:
- Meet with your Program Advisor to determine if the program requirements have been met for the upcoming semester.
- Apply for Graduation
- Complete a Student Graduation Application electronically
Follow these Steps for Graduation
1. Make Sure you Meet Graduation Requirements
- Student should be currently enrolled when applying for graduation.
- Students must earn an overall grade point average of 2.0 (“C”) or better for courses presented for graduation.
- Students in the Health and Professional Services programs have a special responsibility regarding grades in their programs. To be eligible for graduation in any Health and Professional Services program, students must make a minimum passing grade of “C” in all required courses in the curriculum, including Arts and Science courses.
- When applying for graduation, students should be currently enrolled in the program in which they plan to receive their degree, diploma or certificate.
- Students must complete a Student Graduation Application for graduation in the program of study in which they plan to graduate (Student Graduation Application given out at Destination Graduation Fest).
- Students must meet or exceed the total credit hours required for the program of study. Students must complete at least 25 percent of the course work for degrees and diplomas and at least 50 percent of the course work for certificates at Georgia Piedmont Tech. Students may earn up to 23 hours of credit by examination towards diplomas and degrees. Students should be registered at Georgia Piedmont Tech at the time of completing the work. Exceptions may be approved by the appropriate Academic Dean.
- Students must complete electives as required by program of study.
- Students must settle all financial obligations to Georgia Piedmont Tech before a degree, diploma, certificate, or transcript will be issued.
2. Submit Graduation Application
Students must submit the completed Student Graduation Application by the appropriate date:
Every degree, diploma, or certificate student will be charged a one-time non-refundable graduation processing fee of $40.
Students will not be required to pay more than one graduation processing fee if additional credentials are earned within the same program.
3. Get Ready for Commencement
Commencement is the formal graduation ceremony. More details will be provided closer to the commencement date.
By registering for a course for which the student has already received credit at Georgia Piedmont Tech, a student forfeits the previous credit in that course for graduation purposes. The student’s official grade in the course will be the one earned on repetition. Although both grades remain on the record and are part of the cumulative grade point average, only the final attempt will be calculated for the purpose of graduation requirements.