Need help registering for classes? Request an appointment with an Academic Advisor
Students are encouraged to contact advisors prior to registering for courses each semester or if they have any questions regarding financial aid or their student records (transcripts, transfer credit, etc.) Please use the forms below to request an appointment:
What can an advisor assist me with?
Enrollment Advisors are equipped to help students with the following:
- Registering for classes
- Financial Aid process (after FAFSA has been submitted), Financial Aid awards, and SAP Appeals
- Cost of Attendance (tuition and fees)
- Course sequencing and class selection for most Academic Programs
- Troubleshooting registration issues
- ACCUPLACER placement advisement
- Change of majors
- Change of Student information (phone numbers, addresses, birth dates, etc.)
- And much more! Just ask!
Types of Advisors
Advisors who work with new students to evaluate test scores, transfer credit, discuss career plans, develop first term schedule, and assist with registering for classes and setting up student e-mail accounts. You can also get in contact with the advisors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
DeKalb Academic Advisors:
- David Lopez
- Avice Marshall
- Tranceyton White
Newton Academic Advisors:
- Chess’Mia James
- Abdul Roux
- Bernadette Waddell
Faculty who teach the technical courses. Most faculty advisors will meet with you during your second semester and beyond. However, new student advisors may refer some students to the faculty advisors immediately following test score evaluation.
Help me find my advisor! Faculty Advisors by School
- Click here to download a copy of our Program Advisors