Need help registering for classes? Request an appointment with an Academic Advisor
How to set up remote Accuplacer Testing
Please complete the electronic request to schedule Accuplacer Testing. Please allow up to 48 hours for the proctor to set up your test for you.
- Understand and effectively communicate the curriculum, graduation requirements and college policies and procedures
- Encourage and guide students to develop realistic goals
- Be accessible for meeting with students via office hours, telephone, e-mail or web access
- Clarify personal values, goals and provide advisor with accurate information regarding your interests and abilities
- Become knowledgeable about programs, policies and procedures
- Schedule regular appointments or make regular contacts with advisor during each semester
Types of Advisors
Advisors who work with new students to evaluate test scores, transfer credit, discuss career plans, develop first term schedule, and assist with registering for classes and setting up student e-mail accounts.
Faculty who teach the technical courses. Most faculty advisors will meet with you during your second semester and beyond. However, new student advisors may refer some students to the faculty advisors immediately following test score evaluation.
Help me find my advisor! Faculty Advisors by School
- Click here for School of Arts & Sciences (Interdisciplinary Studies) Faculty Advisors
- Click here for School of Business & Computer Information Systems (including DMPT, GFA, & Drafting) Faculty Advisors
- Click here for School of Health & Professional Services (including Early Childhood) Faculty Advisors
- Click here for School of Industrial Technologies Faculty Advisors
- Click here for School of Public Safety & Legal Studies Faculty Advisors