Steps for Admission
Former students must meet current Georgia Piedmont Tech admission requirements. Students absent from Georgia Piedmont Tech for one full year (three consecutive semesters) or more have the below admission requirements.
Submit All the Following to the Office of Admissions
Complete Application Form
Former students are required to submit application via online or in-person:
- Complete Online Application
- Submit application In-Person: Admissions Application (PDF)
- Fee: No application fee required (for former students enrolling for credit)
Provide Transcripts and/or Foreign Credentials
- Official transcripts from post-secondary institutions
Submit all official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended since the previous Georgia Piedmont Tech enrollment. If the transcript is in a language other than English, an official English translation is also required.
- Foreign educational credentials evaluation
Applicants that have completed all or part of their education outside of the United States and the United States territories are required to have their foreign educational credentials evaluated by an independent evaluation service. Visit the International Transcripts page to receive more information about international transcript evaluations and a list of suggested evaluation service companies.
Provide Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States
Effective January 1, 2012, all students applying for in-state tuition must provide validation of lawful presence in the United States. The following documents will serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States and documentation will be required before you are eligible for consideration of in-state tuition:
- A current Driver’s License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008
- A current Driver’s License or ID from:
- Alabama: Issued after August 1, 2000
- Florida: Issued after January 1, 2010 OR have a gold star in the upper right hand corner
- South Carolina: Issued after November 1, 2008
- Tennessee: Issued after May 29, 2004
- A certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy is not acceptable
- An approved completed FAFSA for the current financial aid year
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form 1-151 or 1-551)
- A current, valid military identification card for active duty soldiers or veterans
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240)
- A current U.S. Passport
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561)
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
Any student who cannot be verified as lawfully present in the United States is not eligible to be considered for in-state tuition, regardless of how long he or she has lived in Georgia. In addition to being lawfully present in the United States, students must meet the in-state tuition requirements as outlined in TCSG Board Policy and Procedure V.B.3 to warrant an in-state classification. Students that are initially classified as out-of-state and successfully petition to have their residency changed to in-state also have to meet the verification requirement.