Students interested in the work-study program must complete a FAFSA. Students who indicate on the FAFSA form that they are interested in the Work Study program, will automatically be awarded funds to participate. Student will need to accept the Federal Work Study award prior to accepting a work assignment. Students who did not indicate on the FAFSA they were interested in Federal Work Study can contact the Financial Aid Office to determine their eligibility.
Eligible students may apply for positions online. Eligible students will work in various offices and departments of Georgia Piedmont Tech and other off campus positions.Work Study Process
In order to be eligible for a FWS award, students must:
- Be an enrolled student pursuing a Diploma or Degree.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Must have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Have his/her financial aid file verified by the Office of Financial Aid, and receive confirmation of an approved FWS award
- Not have defaulted on or owe a repayment to any federal aid program received for study at another institution