About the Georgia Film Academy (GFA)
Georgia Piedmont Technical College is a member of the Georgia Film Consortium (GFC). The Georgia Film Academy (GFA) is a collaboration of the University System of Georgia and the Technical College System of Georgia created by state leadership to meet education and workforce needs for high demand careers in Georgia’s film and creative industries. The GFA higher education program offers rigorous professional training and may lead to union-covered film and television production craft internships and placement in creative industries apprenticeships and jobs. The Georgia Film Academy is dedicated to the development of both Georgia’s workforce and the industry which will utilize it.
The GFA is a unique-in-the-nation, statewide effort collaboration of institutions of the University System of Georgia, Technical college System of Georgia and independent institutions who offer professional courses in film, television, digital entertainment, Esports and game development, which provides students with:
- Multi-disciplinary training by professionals in the film, TV and new media industries
- In-classroom course work coupled with on-set, hands-on training
- Hands-on instruction and training working with a package of professional equipment (cameras, sound gear, lights, etc.) as well as production trucks, generators and sound studio space
- Opportunity to work on “real world” projects in order to develop recognized film credits, through partnerships with professional productions
- One-on-one job counseling to include resume preparation, job research and job placement outreach
- There is a $750 fee for each GFA course.
GPA Certifications & Schedules
The GFA semester schedule follows the eCore Common Academic Calendar.
The Georgia Film Academy now offers three certification pathways. Download the pathways, course choices, locations, and registration information here.
GFA Film & Television Production Certification
GFA Film & Television Post-Production Certification
GFA Digital Entertainment, Esports & Game Development Certification
Eligible students may apply for the competitive GFA Film & Television Production Internship course where they learn and hone their craft while working on the crew of a professional production.
Students in GPTC’s non-credit GFA courses may enter the program without applying through the formal college admissions process. There is no requirement to submit transcripts or for placement testing.
GFA Contact Info. & Student Resources
For questions regarding GPTC’s GFA classes, please contact: Rontai Walker or Linda Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions or more information about the Georgia Film Academy, please contact Consortia Services Manager Cassandra Hollis, Cassandra.Hollis@usg.edu.
Access our complete list of Student Resources and Campus Services, such as the GPTC Library, Bookstore, Campus Police, Tech Support, Disability Services, Learning Support and Grievance/Complaint Policies.