Veteran Enrollment Verification Form

Advanced Payment Request Form

Georgia Piedmont Technical College is approved to participate in and administer Veteran’s Education programs.  You play a primary role in securing your Education Benefits related to your status prior to your enrollment. It is your responsibility to ensure your veteran or military education benefit funding is secure.

The veterans affairs coordinator and veterans affairs team are here to assist with:

  • Applying for GI Bill® Benefits
  • Certification of GI Bill® Benefits
  • Veterans Resource Advocate assistance
  • VA Financial Aid Specialist Advisement
  • Referrals to appropriate campus and community veteran resources
  • Academic and career counseling

VA education benefits are available under the following programs:

Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill®
Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty
Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve
Chapter 35 – Survivors’ & Dependents’ Education Assistance
Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation
Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Helpful Videos:

New Applicants:

  1. Apply and be admitted to Georgia Piedmont Technical College. Submit all Admissions documents to complete your file.
  2. Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs to determine eligibility and activate your education benefits.  We also recommend that you register with eBenefits.
  3. Complete the Veteran Information Form.
  4. Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) you’ve obtained from the VA.  You can request a copy of your COE to be emailed to
  5. Get Advised and Registered for your first term.  Depending on which chapter you are using, there may be a minimum number of credits that you must register for.

Programs eligible for certification:

Georgia Piedmont Technical College can only certify for certificate, diploma, or degree programs that are approved and are listed in the GPTC Catalog.

Prohibition Against Inducements, Commission and High-Pressure Recruitment Tactics

Georgia Piedmont Technical College (GPTC) is pleased to hold a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Defense (DOD), which allows our institution the opportunity to further our commitment to excellence in educating military students.

By following the guidance of the DOD MOU, we are able to ensure that all military members have access to what they need to make informed decisions about where to attend school and about how their Tuition Assistance (TA) benefits will interact with their chosen educational programs.

As part of efforts to eliminate unfair, deceptive, and abusive marketing aimed at Service members, GPTC will:

  1. Ban inducements, including any gratuity, favor, discount, entertainment, hospitality, loan, transportation, lodging, meals, or other item having a monetary value of more than a de minimis [defined as “an insignificant amount”] to any individual or entity, or its agents including third party lead generators or marketing firms other than salaries paid to employees or fees paid to contractors in conformity with all applicable laws for the purpose of securing enrollments of Service members or obtaining access to TA funds. Educational institution sponsored scholarships or grants and tuition reductions available to military students are permissible;
  2. Refrain from providing any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including TA funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance;
  3. Refrain from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a benefit offered to eligible service members of all branches of the military service to assist with the cost of tuition. Courses and degree programs may be academic or technical.

Getting Started:

Service members who want to take courses under the Military Tuition Assistance program need to speak with their Education Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within their military service prior to enrolling at the college.

Once you have received approval from your service, please provide a copy of the approved tuition assistance form to the Bursar Office or the Veteran Student Liaison for processing.

Select your branch of service below to determine your eligibility and for more specific information relevant to the type of Tuition Assistance you will be using.

Continuation of Benefits:

All certifications will be completed after drop/add, but within 30 days of the first day of the term.  This is to ensure that the VA can begin processing your books and housing money in a timely manner. You will receive notification from us and from the VA when your enrollment has been reported and processed.

You MUST notify the school Certifying Official if you:

-Used all of your Veteran Educational Benefits
-Change course load or Program of Study
-Withdraw from classes (after start of term)
-Terminate enrollment (before start of term)

Readmission of Service Members

For students who are returning to the college after military service, Georgia Piedmont Technical College will promptly readmit a service member with the same academic status that he/she had when last attending the college or accepted for admission to the college.

For more information, please call 404-297-9522 ext. 1602 or email


Transfer Students:

If you have used your VA Education benefits at another institution and you want to transfer your benefits to GPTC, you must complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form through VONAPP:

For questions, please email

Student Responsibilities:

  • Once you receive your VA Certificate of Eligibility, submit your COE to the VA Certifying Official by emailing
  • Only courses REQUIRED for your degree program or certificate will be paid for by the VA. Certification is made at the end of the Add/Drop period every semester. Meet with your Program Advisor every semester to choose courses prior to registration. Courses not required for your program of study will not be paid for by the VA. This can affect your BAH eligibility/amount and the amount paid to Georgia Piedmont Technical College.
  • We will not submit certification for classes that you have passed previously, audit classes, or classes that you have received transfer credits.
  • You must inform the VA Certifying Official ASAP of any changes in your class schedule, degree program, address, phone number, and email address. Failure to do so could result in over payments by the VA for post 9/11, which will be billed to the student. This may not be reflected for a considerable time (as much as one year).
  • Veterans in chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 must check in with the VA on the last day of each month to get paid. Please contact the VA at: 877.823.2378  OR
  • For questions such as: ‘when will I receive my check?’ or ‘how will changing my credit load change my monthly check?’ call 888.442.4551 or

Purple Heart College for Veterans


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at