Georgia Piedmont Technical College will be the premier institution for technical and adult education with a global commitment to personal, professional, and community transformation.
Georgia Piedmont Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, promotes a student-centered environment for lifelong learning and development, encompassing academic and technical education for employment in a global community.
The college’s focus on creating a student-centered environment and strategic emphasis on four pillars of excellence—educational excellence, management excellence, engagement excellence, communications excellence—serve as guiding principles for Georgia Piedmont’s continued growth and development.
Read Georgia Piedmont Tech's Strategic Goals
Goal I: Educational Excellence
- Create a data-driven environment that supports student development and student success and enhances the social and economic well-being of the student.
- Provide opportunities for personal success through a quality education that leads to employment and continuing education.
- Provide adults with literacy and pathways to lifelong learning.
Goal II: Engagement Excellence
- Create a responsive, student-centered culture that recognizes the uniqueness of each student as central to the learning process.
- Strengthen the college’s involvement and relationship in the community through credit and non-credit program development, partnerships and community awareness.
- Improve the economic condition of communities served.
Goal III: Management Excellence
- Foster management excellence by ensuring the use of best practices leading to optimal efficiencies and employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Attract visionary leaders, support open communications, and implement data-driven changes.
- Ensure fiscal responsibility through aligning the budget with the strategic plan.
Goal IV: Communication Excellence
- Establish and promote internal and external communications that advance the college’s mission.
- Elevate the image of the college in the community through mutually beneficial partnerships and programs that contribute to the economic growth of the college’s service area.
- Communicate with external and internal constituencies as well as stakeholders efficiently, effectively, and in a timely manner.