Established in 1961, Georgia Piedmont Tech is one of the oldest and most respected of Georgia’s 22 technical colleges. Recognized for our student-centered atmosphere, Georgia Piedmont Tech prepares individuals with the education, training, and skills to enter the workplace ready to make a difference in their hiring companies and in the ever changing global economy.
Diverse Educational Programs
Five Technical Schools
- Arts & Sciences
- Business & Computer Information Systems
- Health, Education & Professional Services
- Industrial Technologies
- Public Safety & Legal Studies
Two Educational Divisions
Achievements & Accomplishments
- The first Law Enforcement Academy of its kind in the State of Georgia to receive accreditation from The Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA).
- Georgia Piedmont is one of only two technical colleges in Georgia offering an American Bar Association-approved paralegal studies program.
- Georgia Piedmont has one of the largest Adult Education programs in Georgia focused on GED and HiSet (high school equivalency) test preparation and English as a Second Language courses.
- Georgia Piedmont’s Building Automation Program is a national model program under the BEST (Building Efficiency for a Sustainable Tomorrow) Center, which is a national center of excellence funded by the National Science Foundation.
Rankings & Recognition
- Georgia Piedmont’s Licensed Practical Nursing program was ranked #3 in the State of Georgia in 2020 by www.PracticalNursing.org, a website devoted to providing substantive information to prospective LPN students.
- Only technical college to produce the two winning students for important statewide competitions in the same year: GPTC Student Justin Walters tapped from almost 50,000 students as the 2015 Statewide Exceptional Adult Georgian in Literacy Education (EAGLE) award winner; Stephanie Jackson selected from more than 140,000 technical college students as the 2015 Statewide Georgia Occupational Award of Leadership (GOAL) student of the year. And in 2018 student Crystal Wright was also named as the Statewide Georgia Occupational Award of Leadership (GOAL) student of the year. In 2019, GPTC GOAL Student of the Year Tina-Kay Rhoden and our Rick Perkins Instructor of the Year Kelli Owen were both named as Top 9 State Finalists for their respective awards out of the 22 technical colleges’ awards representatives. In 2020, Ruth Michael, GPTC’s Exceptional Adult Georgian in Literacy Education (EAGLE) award winner, was named as a Top 8 Finalist in the state competition. All three competitions are administered by the Technical College System of Georgia.
- Ranked by the Atlanta Business Chronicle as one of Georgia’s 2015 Top Ten Technical Colleges based on enrollment growth.
- GPTC’s associate degree program in Marketing was ranked #3 in the United States as a Top School by www.BestValueSchools.org in 2021.