A Message from GPTC President Tavarez Holston
The following updates in COVID Safety Protocol are effective as of Monday, June 7, 2021:
- Masks and facial coverings are recommended while on campus but are no longer required: According to the CDC, those who have been fully vaccinated can resume activities that were done prior to the pandemic without wearing a mask or staying six feet apart. GPTC will not require proof of vaccination of any kind for its college community to access training, facilities, or services while on its campuses. The College, in partnership with public health providers, has established a mass vaccination site at the Newton County Campus on a walk-in basis for anyone who desires to be vaccinated.
- Access to buildings will continue to be limited to entry points where thermal cameras are located: Anyone with a high-grade temperature (or symptoms of COVID-19) will not be permitted to remain on campus.
- Quarantine following exposure: Those who have been fully vaccinated are not required to self-quarantine or get tested after exposure to COVID-19.
- Sign-in for contact tracing purposes is no longer required upon entering campus buildings.
- Social distancing guidelines should continue to be adhered to (at least three feet in classrooms and public meeting places): Those who desire to maintain the level of vigilance exercised prior to this message are encouraged to do so. For example, it is recommended that masks or facial coverings be worn while on campus but is not required.
- All normal campus operations have resumed. This includes in-person, face-to-face class and program offerings, faculty and staff availability on campus, and GPTC Conference Center events.
- GEORGIA STATE BILL 359: Under Georgia law, there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises [GPTC campuses and facilities] if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering GPTC’s premises. (SB 359)
- Questions? Please address questions related to COVID-19 campus protocols to the GPTC COVID-19 Task Force members, made up of college administration and staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will also continue to update our GPTC COVID-19 Emergency Notification web page with up-to-the-minute EMERGENCY announcements should the need arise.