UPDATED August 19, 2021:
A Message from GPTC President Tavarez Holston
As cases associated with the Delta variant of the COVID virus continue to climb, we must reiterate the importance of being vigilant. As such, Georgia Piedmont Technical College strongly encourages vaccinated and unvaccinated faculty, staff, students, and/or vendors to consistently wear masks whenever indoors in the company of others. Please also remember other safety protocols such as frequent hand-washing and maintaining social distancing whenever possible. We will also impose more stringent restrictions on in-person gatherings while on campus.
While we cannot mandate getting the COVID vaccination, it is highly recommended to anyone who is medically able to do so. Vaccines are now readily available at many locations all over the State of Georgia. For a complete listing of where you can get the vaccine, visit Georgia’s vaccination website.
We can—and will—move forward together!
The following COVID Safety Protocols are in effect:
- Masks and facial coverings are strongly encouraged while on campus but are no longer required: According to the CDC, masks and social distancing are still recommended for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals – especially when indoors. GPTC will not require proof of vaccination for its college community to access training, facilities, or services while on its campuses.
GPTC is committed to keeping everyone as safe and healthy as possible. As such, there are frequent cleaning and sanitation measures taken against COVID-19. Campus classrooms, common areas and restrooms will be sanitized and cleaned throughout the day and in the evenings. Students can help by being courteous and sanitizing desks and work areas. Cleaning supplies are provided in each classroom.
- Access to buildings will continue to be limited to entry points where thermal cameras are located: Anyone with a high-grade temperature (or symptoms of COVID-19) will not be permitted to remain on campus.
- Elevator occupancy is limited to two (2) people.
- Quarantine following exposure: Those who have been fully vaccinated are not required to self-quarantine or get tested after exposure to COVID-19.
- Sign-in for contact tracing purposes is no longer required upon entering campus buildings.
- All normal campus operations have resumed. This includes in-person, face-to-face class and program offerings, faculty and staff availability on campus, and GPTC Conference Center events.
- Under Georgia law, (State Bill 359), there is no liability for an injury or death of an individual entering these premises [GPTC campuses and facilities] if such injury or death results from the inherent risks of contracting COVID-19. You are assuming this risk by entering GPTC’s premises.
- If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19/coronavirus, please review these guidelines/flowcharts:
- Questions? Please address questions related to COVID-19 campus protocols to the GPTC COVID-19 Task Force members, made up of college administration and staff, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a history of our procedures and updates since the pandemic began, view the COVID website archive messages.
Note: if you have yet to opt into the GPTC Emergency Notification System, this is the perfect time to do so. Text these two words: join emergency to 30890.