Admissions -Applying

I was accepted for last term, but I could not start then. What do I have to do to come this term?

Students desiring to update their admission for another semester will need to complete a Student Information Change Request form and indicate Term Update at the top of the form. Students, whose initial admission was scheduled more four or more semesters from the semester they wish to enroll, must complete a new application. A new application fee is not required.

What happens if I fail the ACCUPLACER Test?

The ACCUPLACER test is to determine a student’s level of readiness, not a pass/fail test. If a student does not obtain the required program score, students will be offered special learning support designed to develop their abilities.

How do I schedule to take the ACCUPLACER Test?

To make an appointment to take the ACCUPLACER test, students must register online. Go to the ACCUPLACER section to get started.

How can I prepare for the ACCUPLACER test?

There are a variety of ways to prepare for the ACCUPLACER test. Georgia Piedmont Technical College offers onsite ACCUPLACER prep sessions in the areas of reading, writing, and math. These sessions are free of charge. In addition, there are test questions that will help in preparation for the test. Learn more.

What is the ACCUPLACER test?

The ACCUPLACER test is designed to make sure students are ready to succeed at college level courses. It measures skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. Students who obtain a score indicating college-readiness can immediately into program ready status in the core curriculum. Students who receive a score below the readiness level will be offered learning support so that they can gain the skills they need to be college-ready. Learn more.

When is the application deadline for the next term?

Application deadlines are typically 25 days before the first day of class. Please refer to the student calendar for the current application deadlines for each term.

How can I check the status of my application?

Visit our “How To Apply” section for step-by-step instructions.

Do you I need a high school diploma/GED to attend Georgia Piedmont Technical College?

In order to be successful in any program, students must have a high school diploma or GED certificate. Students who are still in high school or are finalizing their GED testing may attend classes under certain circumstances. For more information, please contact the Office of Admission.

What are the Admissions Office’s hours?

While classes are in session, the Office of Admissions at the DeKalb Campus on Indian Creek is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. The Newton Campus Office of Admissions is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. During peak enrollment times, the college offers one-stop enrollment events, open houses, and extended hours to accommodate students. These additional times will be listed on the Georgia Piedmont homepage. Visit Admission for more information.

How do I get started?

Visit our “How to Apply” section for step-by-step instructions for how to begin your Georgia Piedmont experience.

How much does a program cost?

The cost of a program varies as the number of credit hours required to complete the course and specialized requirements vary. For more specific information, read the information provided for your specific Program of Study. Learn more.

Who will be my academic advisor?

New students seeking academic advisement are assigned to our One Stop Advising Office, whose duty is to assist all first-term students with academic advising and guidance in their educational and career objectives. Learn more.

What are the requirements for Admission?

The requirements for admission vary by the type of admission being sought. Learn more.

Dual Enrollment

What is Dual Enrollment?

Dual Enrollment (DE) is an opportunity for Georgia High School Students in 10th-12th grade to take college classes in academic and career-focused programs that will count towards both high school and college graduation.  

Is Dual Enrollment free?

  • Eligible students taking approved courses receive 30 credits of Dual Enrollment funding through the Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC) that cover the cost of tuition and books. However, some classes may have additional fees or materials that are not paid for by GSFC.
  • After 30 credits, eligible students may be able to use HOPE Grant funds towards their courses.
  • For specific information regarding student eligibility and funding requirements, please visit GA Futures.

How do I apply to Dual Enrollment?

Students must submit an online application for admissions, new student permission forms, placement test scores, and complete a GA Futures funding application. For specific instructions on the application process, please review the Dual Enrollment Application.

What classes can I take through Dual Enrollment?

Students can take core academic courses and CTE courses that align with a pathway. For a complete list of eligible classes, please view the DE Course Directory.  Please be advised that classes may not be offered every semester or on every campus.  Classes can be taken on the GPTC campus, through GPTC online, and at some participating high schools.

Who can I contact to find out more information about Dual Enrollment?

Adult Education Programs

Do you offer GED Prep classes?

Georgia Piedmont Tech offers GED® prep courses to get you ready to pass the GED® exam. The college offers on-site testing as well. You must register online and attend an orientation session to begin class. Learn more.

Do you offer ESL classes?

Yes, Georgia Piedmont Technical College does offer courses for those interested in studying English as a Second Language. For more information, contact the English Literacy Office at 404-297-9522, Ext. 4004. Learn more.


How can I get a copy of my transcript?

Georgia Piedmont Technical College (GPTC) has partnered with Credential Solutions for the official printing of all transcripts. Credentials Solutions, Inc, is a service which provides online ordering availability 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. A transcript is a student’s official record of all coursework and credentials. GPTC transcripts can be printed on security paper and mailed or sent electronically.  The cost per transcript is $7.50.  Click here to order your official transcript.

Paying for College

What type of scholarship or financial aid is available?

Georgia Piedmont Technical College offers a wide variety of ways to pay for college. These include grants and scholarships that are non-repayable. We also participate in loan programs. Learn more.


Where is the schedule of classes on your website?

To access the semester schedule of classes, students may access BannerWeb from the Georgia Piedmont Technical College homepage and click on Class Schedule.

Student Info Change

I had a name change, what should I do?

The form to complete a Name Change Request.  Students requesting name changes are required to supply an original copy of a social security card displaying the new name as well as a court order or marriage certificate.