The Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology associate degree program emphasizes the application of scientific, mathematic and engineering knowledge and methods combined with technical skills in support of engineering activities. Program graduates will receive an Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology Associate of Applied Science degree, qualifying them as engineering technicians with a specialization in computer engineering technology, electronics engineering technology, instrumentation and control technology, or telecommunications engineering technology.
This program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET (www.abet.org).
What skills do students learn in this program? How to:
- use measuring instruments
- test electronics circuits
- understand AC/DC and Solid State circuits
- understand and program microcontrollers
- recognize and understand electronic components
- understand schematic diagrams
- understand computer hardware and computer networking
- use software programs to build circuits
- perform electronics troubleshooting
What types of students thrive in the program and in this career field? Those who:
- like working with hands-on projects
- are detail-oriented
- are problem solvers
- like troubleshooting
- are organized
What types of jobs are available to graduates of this program? Positions as:
- Electronics Technicians
- Engineering Technicians
- Industrial Maintenance Technicians
- Computer & Networking Support Technicians
- Controls & PLC Technicians
Program Educational Objectives
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology Program prepares its graduates to:
- Effectively contribute to local or global economic development through the application of technological skills in industry, government or other areas of the workforce.
- Recognize the need for continuous self-improvement through formal education or professional development.
Student Outcomes are documented on the college website.
|1||An ability to use appropriate instrumentation, tools, computers and software to identify, analyze and solve technology problems related to electrical and computer engineering technology|
|2||An ability to use knowledge of science, algebra and trigonometry to solve problems related to electrical and computer engineering technology|
|3||An ability to produce technical documentation that demonstrates effective communication and demonstrate the ability to give effective oral reports|
|4||An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results|
|5||An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team|
Program Enrollment and Degree Data
Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology
|Academic Year||Enrollment Year||Total
FT | Full time
PT | Part time