Learning opportunities develop academic and professional knowledge and skills required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes specialized training in safety, sanitation, state laws, rules, and regulations, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, skin, hair, and nail diseases and disorders, hair treatments and manipulations, hair shaping, hair styling, artificial hair, braiding/intertwining hair, chemical reformation and application, skin and nail care, hair coloring, hair lightening, reception, sales, management, math, reading, writing, interpersonal relations development, computer skills, employability skills, and work ethics. The curriculum meets state licensing requirements of the State Board of Cosmetology. Program graduates receive a Cosmetology diploma and are employable as a cosmetology salesperson, cosmetologist, salon manager, or a salon owner.
What skills do students learn in this program?
- Hair Care (hair cutting, Coloring, Chemical Texture Services, Styling)
- Skin Care (Hair removal, facials, makeup)
- Nail Care (Manicuring, Pedicuring, Advance Nail Techniques)
What types of students thrive in the program and in this career field? Those who:
- like to work with their hands
- are creative and passionate
- have good communication skills
- like to work with people and have strong interpersonal skills
- are team players
- are self-motivated and are hard workers
What types of jobs are available to graduates of this program? Where can they work?
Stylist, hair color specialist, cutting specialist, salon trainer, distributor sales consultant, salon and spa owner, celebrity stylist, television and film stylist