The Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) instructs and tests students on their work ethic in all courses. Ten work ethic traits have been defined as needed for student success, and are listed below.
Georgia Piedmont Technical College instructs students on work ethic traits, and evaluates the students work ethics skills. All students are expected to use proper work ethic at the college. Instructors assess students on the following work ethic traits in and out of the classroom:
- Appearance: Displays proper dress, grooming, hygiene, and manners.
- Attendance: Attends class, arrives and leaves on time, tells instructor in advance of planned absences, and makes up assignment promptly.
- Attitude: Shows a positive attitude, appears confident and has true hopes of self.
- Character: Displays loyalty, honesty, dependability, reliability, initiative, and self-control.
- Communication: Displays proper verbal and non-verbal skills and listens.
- Cooperation: Displays leadership skills; properly handles criticism, conflicts, and stress; maintains proper relationships with peers and follows chain of command.
- Organizational Skill: Shows skills in management, prioritizing, and dealing with change.
- Productivity: Follows safety practices, conserves resources, and follows instructions.
- Respect: Deals properly with diversity, shows understanding and tolerance.
- Teamwork: Respects rights of others, is a team worker, is helpful, is confident, displays a customer service attitude, and seeks continuous learning.
GPTC strives to ensure a strong culture of work ethic that is the focus for both staff and students. The promotion of proper classroom and on-the-job conduct is the duty of all. Courses reinforce the work ethics traits through discussion, modeling of conduct, and in homework. Instructors continually include the work ethics traits informally throughout the program courses. Work ethics is stressed formally in courses listed below. A work ethic grade of Pass (2) or Fail (0) will appear on student’s transcript.
- Programs of Study
- Continuing Education
- Academic Calendar
- En Español
- Site Map
- Contact Us
- Adult Education
- Career Services
- Future Students
- Parents and Counselors
- Business and Industry
- Current Students
- Web Accessibility Statement
- News Releases
- Law Enforcement Academy
- Paralegal Career Information Center
- Achieving the Dream
- First Year Focus
- South DeKalb
- Banner Attendance
- Open Records Requests
- Annual Notification