Tools for Success
Self-Assessment/Career Exploration Tools/Job Search Assistance
Georgia Piedmont Technical College offers individuals several career-related tests to help them determine their interests, skills, and preferences, as they relate to employment opportunities. All of these assessment instruments are offered online allowing users to complete them at their own pace — either from in Georgia Piedmont's Career Centers or in off-site locations.
After assessments are completed, interpretations are provided, along with written materials that help test-takers to further explore specific industries, job categories, and job titles. Individual career counseling and assistance with career planning is also available through our office, with or without, formally taking a career assessment test.
Career Information and Planning
We have access to the Georgia Career Information System (GCIS) provides detailed career information such as salary information, hiring practices, and employment outlook on specific job titles, along with related video clips.
Job Search Services
- Assistance in Writing Resumes, Cover Letters & Thank You Letters
- Coaching on Interviewing Skills
- Tips on Successful Job Search Techniques
- Guidance on Professional Imaging
- Career Seminars
- Internet Access for Information Gathering and/or On-line Job Search
- Websites for Posting Resumes and Researching Employment Openings
- Networking Assistance to Connect with the "Right" Employer for You
- On-Site Employer Recruiting
- Career Fairs