Board of Directors
Purpose and Scope
Technical education builds a competitive workforce for Georgia by delivering high quality occupational training. Georgia Piedmont Technical College offers comprehensive technical education programs including two-year Associate of Applied Technology degree programs, one- and two-year Diploma programs, Technical Certificate of Credit programs, business and industry training programs, and continuing education courses. All programs couple industry-driven, nationally recognized technical curricula with innovative student-centered instructional delivery. Program graduates are proficient in their field and are warranted as academically and technically competent. Key features of Georgia Piedmont Technical College programs include:
- Conveniently located, accessible campuses and satellite centers;
- Well qualified faculty and staff;
- Relevant, high quality instruction and up-to-date instructional technology;
- Education and training in high employment demand occupational fields;
- Continuing education and non-credit technical training programs for business and industry;
- Comprehensive student services including assessment, financial aid, and job placement
The local Board shall meet at least twice quarterly (eight meetings per year) at locations determined by the board. Regular attendance by Board members at all Board meetings is expected, allowing for occasional schedule conflicts. All meetings are open to the public in compliance with O.C.G.A. 50-14-1 (Open Meetings Law); however, upon direction of the Chairperson or a majority of members present at any meeting, the Board may hold executive sessions provided no official action is taken at those meetings.
Board membership is an honor and also a responsibility. Board members work in close cooperation with the President of the college to accomplish the college's mission and goals. Directors are required to discharge their duties in good faith and with the degree of diligence, care and skill that an ordinary prudent person would use under similar circumstances in comparable positions.