- Registration Instructions
- Tuition and Fee Payment Deadlines
- Class Schedule
- Banner Web Login
- Registration Hold Information
- Contact Us
When do I register for classes?
Current students will receive an email through their Georgia Piedmont Tech email account. After receiving the email go into Banner Web. Login to the secure area to find out what is your assigned registration time. This area is found by clicking on Student & Financial Aid, then Registration, then Check Your Registration Status.
Where do I find out what classes are being offered?
Go to www.gptc.edu. Click on Banner Web and then Class Schedule.
What do I do if I get a "test score" or "prerequisite" error message while trying to register on the web?
These error messages mean that one or more of your chosen classes have a required class or test for admissions that your records do not show that you have. You need to contact your advisor for further advisement. Be sure to let him/her know that you attempted to register and received a prerequisite or test score error.
What do I do if I get a message indicating that my banner Web PIN is invalid?
Usually your PIN becomes invalid when you have typed it incorrectly three or more times. Contact Banner Support at x5911 to have it reset. If you get the voice mail, please leave your name, student ID, a call back number, and state that you need your pin reset.
What do I do if I don't know or have forgotten my Banner Web PIN?
Go to www.gptc.edu. Click on Banner Web and then Enter Secure Area. Click on Forgot PIN and follow the instructions.
What do I do when it says that I have a hold?
Go to Banner Web and login, click on Student Services, then Student Records, then View Holds. If it says Student Financial Services and there is an open balance, then you will need to go to the Cashier Office on your campus. They will have to lift your hold.
I cannot log into Blackboard Learn. What do I do?
If it is Blackboard Learn you cannot log into, call Student Support at x5399, or e-mail email@example.com.
- See your Academic Advisor for advisement and to complete a Course Selection Form. Academic Advisement
- Click on CLASS SCHEDULE to search courses by campus or online only. List desired Course Reference Numbers (CRNs) and course info.
- Click on BANNER WEB LOGIN
- Click on ENTER SECURE AREA
- Enter your Student ID Number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN). (First time users: your PIN is a randomly generated 6 character password sent to your student email account). If you do not know your Student ID, contact Student Support to obtain your number. Click here for information on Student Email. If your PIN is incorrect, please contact the Registrar's Office or Student Support.
- Click on STUDENT AND FINANCIAL AID.
- Click on REGISTRATION.
NOTE: If you have a "hold" on your record, you will not be allowed to register. Click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page to view your "hold". You must take care of your "hold" before you can proceed.
- Click on ADD/DROP CLASSES.
This page is used to register for classes. In the Add Class section enter all Course Reference Numbers (CRNs from Step 2) then Click on SUBMIT CHANGES.
***VERY IMPORTANT*** You must allow a 60 - 90 second response time.
NOTE: All registration errors (time conflicts, pre-requisite/test score errors, closed courses, etc.) will be stated at the bottom of the screen clearly marked with a STOP sign. The reason the course(s) was not added is stated under the status column.
Once registered, your schedule will appear on the screen.
- Scroll to top of form. Click on MENU then click on REGISTRATION FEE ASSESSMENT This screen displays tuition and fees that you must pay to reserve your schedule. You should print and present to the Cashier Office or the Financial Aid Office, then keep for your information/reference.
- Scroll to top of form. Click on MENU then click on STUDENT DETAIL SCHEDULE
This screen includes all registered courses with day, time, location, instructor, etc. You should print and keep for your information/reference.
- ***For Security Reasons*** Click on EXIT. Once you have completed your registration, it is necessary for you to close your browser.
Note: If you need assistance, please contact the Banner Web Help Line at 404-297-9522, Ext. 5911 Monday through Thursday between 7:30 A.M. and 6:30 P.M. and Friday between 10 A.M. and 3 P.M.
Registration, Tuition and Fee Payment Deadlines
To view the current registration dates, please visit Banner Web.
All tuition and fees for courses added during late registration must be paid or Financial Aid confirmed that will cover all tuition and fees. Any balance, no matter the amount, will result in your registration being purged at 7 pm. If you are purged on the last day (final purge), you will not be allowed to continue classes or re-register for a full semester course. If you have no full semester courses, you may register for a late start course.
*Dates are subject to change.
If you are purged for non-payment of account balance after the final purge you may appeal the purge via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the purge appeal deadline. You must include your student number, student GPTC email address and reason for the appeal. Email submissions must be made using the student's GPTC email account. Please note only those students purged due to College error will be reinstated. You will be notified via your GPTC email account of the decision.
If you have an outstanding balance for any term a Business Office hold will be placed on your record and you will not be able to register for any further coursework, receive financial aid, receive or have forwarded to external third parties any transcripts or grades until the financial obligation has been paid.
Financial Aid recipients must contact the Financial Aid Office for verification that your financial aid award has been approved. The Financial Aid Office is located Room A-163 at the DeKalb Campus or you may call 404-297-9522, ext. 1168 or 1107 or Student Services in Room A-214 at the Newton Campus.
Please note: The Financial Aid Office is not open on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
Cash, Check, Credit Card, Third-Party/Sponsor Contract payments should be made in person at the Cashier Office in Room A-161 at the DeKalb Campus or the Cashier Office in the Main Lobby of the "A" Building at the Newton Campus.
Please note: The Cashier Office is not open on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
Credit Card Payment Information
- Finish your registration via Banner Web.
- At the Registration screen, click Registration Fee Assessment .
- Choose the correct term and click Submit Term. If you have already selected a term during registration this prompt may not appear.
- View your total registration fee and choose Credit Card Payment.
- Choose the card type you are using. Georgia Piedmont Tech accepts Visa and Mastercard.
- Enter in your FULL card number. This number should be entered WITHOUT SPACES.
- Enter in the Expiration Date. Month and Year Only.
- Enter in your total registration fee.
You must enter this amount correctly in order to insure proper credit to your account and to avoid having your registration cancelled.
- Click Submit Payment.
Note: You should get a successful screen if your payment processed correctly. If you do not get this screen your payment did not process.
Once you have entered your registration fee and clicked the submit button, wait for the successful screen or error screen to appear before trying to re-enter your payment information. To do so could cause your card to be charged twice.
Where to go to resolve hold
|AC||Academic Hold||Dean's Office|
|AD||Administrative Hold||Dean's Office|
|AM||Admissions Hold||Admissions Office|
|BU||Business Office Hold||Cashier Office|
|FA||Financial Aid Hold||Financial Aid Office|
|FS||Student Financial Services||Cashier Office|
|LB||Library Fine Hold||Library|
|OB||Open Balance||Cashier Office|
|PA||Parking Fine Hold||Cashier Office|
|RE||Registrar's Hold||Registrar's Office|
|SV||Survey Hold||Complete Survey - Click Here|
Registrar's Offices - DeKalb Campus
Registrar's Offices - Newton Campus
|For payment information ONLY:|
Cashier Office - DeKalb Campus
Cashier Office - Newton Campus
|For other registration issues:|
Admissions Office - DeKalb Campus
Financial Aid Office - DeKalb Campus
Admissions Office - Newton Campus
Financial Aid Office - Newton Campus