Transfer & Transient Students

The Admissions Office must verify lawful presence of students applying for in-state tuition and collect required verifiable documentation e.g. Driver’s License, State ID, Permanent Residence Card, etc. Click the link below for more information and to view a complete list of required verifiable documents.

Required Admissions Documents

Transfer Students
Applicants previously enrolled in one or more institutions of higher education who wish to enroll in a credit program can be admitted when the following are submitted to the Admissions Office:

  • A completed application form.

  • A $25.00 non-refundable application fee.

  • An official high school transcript or GED scores. If the transcript is in a language other than English, an official English translation is also required. If an applicant has an associate degree or a baccalaureate degree, a high school transcript is not required.

  • Official transcripts from all colleges, universities, and technical colleges previously attended.

  • Satisfactory scores on the COMPASS, SAT, ACT, or the ASSET Test.

Transient Status
Students who submit a Transient Agreement Letter from their home institution are granted Transient admission status. The Transient Agreement Letter should verify that the student is in good standing and should list the courses the student is eligible to take. A current Transient Agreement Letter is required for each semester of enrollment. A transient student is one who has been or is regularly enrolled at another institution, who expects to return to that institution, but who desires to enroll temporarily at Georgia Piedmont Technical College. Credit earned at Georgia Piedmont Technical College is not automatically forwarded to the second institution. An official transcript must be requested through the Registrar's Office. Transient students desiring to continue enrollment as transfer students must reapply for admission and satisfactorily complete all transfer requirements. The applicant for transient status must:

  • Submit a completed application to the Admissions Office.
  • Pay $25 non-refundable application fee (check, money order or credit card). This is a one-time fee.
  • Present a statement with the application from the proper official of the institution last attended giving the student permission to enroll at Georgia Piedmont Technical College. If permission is to be granted for two semesters it must be indicated in the letter of transiency. Otherwise, the transient status must be renewed after the first semester
  • Submit with the application written permission from the parent institution stating the course(s) that fit the student's educational objectives that will be accepted by the parent institution.
  • Present a letter from the parent institution certifying that the parent institution will retain responsibility for the issuance of the I-20 form during the transient semester(s) for International, F-1, and M-1 Visa students.

Student desiring to be a Transient student from Georgia Piedmont Technical College (home college) to a College within the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) system (host college) must apply for transiency through Georgia Virtual Technical Connection (GVTC), Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed by GVTC and an e-mail is submitted to Office of the Registrar for reviewing and processing. An e-mail notification is sent to the student. Students desiring to be a Transient student from Georgia Piedmont Technical College (home college) to a College outside the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) system must complete and submit a Transient Request Form. The Form is available at and the Office of the Registrar. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed and approved/denied by the Registrar. The Transient Letter is mailed to the host college with a copy to the student.

Requirements to be a Transient Student

  • Must be currently enrolled with Regular admission status.
  • Must be in good standing
  • Must have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average or better
  • Must have no financial holds
  • Take only a course(s) applicable to your program of study
  • Meet all prerequisite/corequisite course requirements

International Transcript Evaluations
Applicants who have completed all or part of their education outside of the United States and the United States territories, are required to have their foreign educational credentials evaluated by an independent evaluation service. Visit the International Transcripts page to receive more information about international transcript evaluations and a list of suggested evaluation service companies.

How to Apply