How to Apply
Begin your journey.
Georgia Piedmont Technical College admits students regardless of age, sex, race, national origin, color or handicap. Student seeking admissions into any credit or non-credit course or program must be at least 16 years of age. All applicants must submit a Georgia Piedmont Technical College application form with a non-refundable application fee.
To complete a degree, diploma or technical certificate:
- Review our program of study as you will need to identify your program on the application.
- Complete the admissions application.
- Submit required admissions documents. Choose your applicant type for additional information.
Transfer & Transient Students
International Students (F-1/M-1)
Additional information on admission is available in the online catalog
- Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov School Code 016582
- Take the COMPASS Placement Test, if needed. You may begin studying for the college placement test right away. Study Guides for the COMPASS are available.
- See your new student Academic Advisor in the Advising, Career and Retention Services (ACRS) Center. Register for classes
- Attend the New Student Orientation prior to classes starting.
You will receive VERY IMPORTANT information via postal mail.
Student ID number
Six digit Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Student email address
You will use this information throughout your ENTIRE college experience at GPTC.
Open your GPTC student email account IMMEDIATELY. All communication from the college, including FINANCIAL AID and your OFFICIAL ACCEPTANCE LETTER, will be sent to your GPTC email account – not your home address.
It is very important that you check your email account on a regular basis. Other documents emailed to you will include: First Year Focus advising and registration information, updates on College policies, financial aid updates, student activities announcements, and graduation information, etc. We will also use this email address to inform you of any documents needed to complete your admissions file. Check your GPTC student email daily!
DeKalb Campus Admissions
495 North Indian Creek Drive
Clarkston, GA 30021-2397
Office: Room 171 A-Bldg.
Phone: (404)297-9522 x1602
Office hrs: Mon.-Thur., 9am-7pm
Newton Campus Admissions
16200 Alcovy Road
Covington, GA 30014-4076
Office: Room 214 A-Bldg.
Phone: (770)786-9522 x3100
Office Hrs: Mon.-Thur., 9am-7pm
South DeKalb Campus Admissions
2460 Wesley Chapel Road
Decatur, GA 30035
Office: Room 214 A-Bldg.
Phone: (770)786-9522 x6000
Office Hrs: Mon.-Thur., 10am-7pm
As set forth in its student catalog, Georgia Piedmont Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator: Debra Gordon, Assoc. VP Academic Affairs, Georgia Piedmont Technical College, 495 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021, Rm 103A, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404 297-9522, Ext.1176 ADA/504 Coordinator: Lisa Peters, Special Services Director, Georgia Piedmont Technical College, 495 North Indian Creek Drive, Clarkston, GA 30021, Rm 170A, email@example.com, 404 297-9522, Ext. 1154
- How to Apply
- Admissions Forms
- Tuition & Fees
- Checking Your Admission Status
- Financial Aid
- Assessment Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application for Admission
- Required Admissions Documents
- International Transcript Evaluation
- Exemption Exams